Recently, I’ve gotten a lot of comments on things that my friends think that I’m addicted to. I’ve simplified this list to 25 things that I will admit to being addicted to. They are not in order, and vary in extremity.
1. Pandas — I have a collection of stuffed pandas on my bed…it looks bad, but it doesn’t look quite as bad as my roommates collection of pigs and piglets!
3. Really lame Disney movies and TV shows — This addiction is probably the most detrimental to my schoolwork. I’ll spend hours and hours on Netflix watching the lamest things.
4. Crocheting — Not quite as much of an addiction, but if you saw the skeins of yarn around my bed, you may think otherwise.
5. Facebook — It’s generic. Everyone’s addicted, so it’s nothing to be ashamed of!
6. Purses — Whenever I walk into a store that contains accessories, I always have to look at the purses and convince myself that I don’t need another bag to carry my gum, keys, and phone in. I’ve had at least 10 at the height of this addiction, but I am recovering.
7. Chocolate — A woman can never have enough chocolate.
8. Personality tests — I love analyzing myself (and others) with these. I’ll take six online, only to find that I get the same general result! Do I really think that my personality will change between tests? I’m not sure…
10. Walking in circles — As many people have noticed, I walk in circles when I talk. If I sit down, I’m back up again within a minute.
11. Journals — Another shopping addiction. It doesn’t matter how many empty ones I have on my shelf, I always want more.
12. Temple Run — an Apple iPhone/iPod app. I could spend hours playing that game and trying to out-do my previous scores.
13. Jeans and Tshirts — I’m working on breaking this one by trying to look nice a couple days a week. But most of the time, I just don’t want to try.
14. Heights — I love being up high, too bad I’m terrified of it…
15. Sprite/Lemon-lime sodas — It is currently the only type of soda I will drink. Coke and Pepsi and Rootbeer all taste disgusting to me.
16. Bones — Not the objects, the show. It’s being replaced by Doctor Who, but it still flares up every once in a while.
17. Sticky notes — I have thousands of sticky notes. I use them for everything though–encouraging notes for my roommate, reminders, to-do lists. You name it, I probably use them for it.
18. Settlers of Catan — Some number of years ago (six perhaps?) I was introduced to this board game and now always on the lookout for other members of the club.
19. Hot Apple Cider — This is mostly a ‘fall only’ addiction, but it’s basically my personal form of coffee.
20. Colorful pens — I’m sucker for a good pen in a fun color 🙂
21. Sweatpants Saturday — If I have to do work, then I get to grunge.
23. Compliments — Once I get one, I want more. 🙂
24. $5 Movies at Walmart — It’s such a good deal…until you’ve accumulated twenty of them.
25. Puppies — Picture of cute puppy = must pet, must repost, must ‘like’. Who can resist them?!