It must have been a while since I’ve written a blog post since WordPress had logged me out of my account when I went to go write up a new update. This past week, I’ve had friends visiting in Paris–which has been absolutely wonderful! But at the same time, as they’re wrapping up their semesters abroad, getting ready to go back home to the States, it’s making me realize that my time is coming soon as well. In just three short weeks, I’ll be taking my finals and then heading out for one last excursion to Lisbon before going back to the United States.
As much as I don’t want to leave, there are certainly some things that I’m looking forward to seeing and doing again once I’m back on American Soil. I’m definitely excited to see my parents and family and my dog again, but besides all that, there are just some ‘American’ experiences that will make going home slightly less painful. So, in no particular order, here we go!
1. Bath and Body Works. The French don’t realize what they’re missing by not having any of these. And they’re not anywhere else in Europe either. Apparently this chain of awesomeness is exclusive to North America….
2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream. Gelato is great, but when I get back, I’m going to have a date with a box of this stuff.
3. Momma’s burgers. There’s something about a burger straight off the grill made with love from my mother that is just magical.
4. Walking around barefoot. Not only will this be an excellent way to repair all the damage I’ve done to my feet this semester, I am so excited to feel grass under my feet again.
5. Belinda. She’s my baby, my first and only car-love, and I’m so excited to be reunited with her.